Friday, April 9, 2010

Want To Wear a Touch of Wood Nymph Around Your Neck?



Stephanie of Beadsoffolly.etsy.com sent these great photos of one of her recent projects using one of my raku geranium leaves as a focal point. Now, try to tell me this does not scream Spring Is Here...lets go frolic in the Woods:)...though today in my home town the temps have fallen back into the 50's in the daytime.



I was puzzling how she got the holes in such a slender edge with out breaking the leaf...look how clever she worked out adding all the colorful dangles. I think it is such an exciting creation!

She describes her creation...
"This beautiful wood nymph necklace high-lights a lovely Raku leaf made by a fellow etsian at " wondrous strange!"

The tassel from the top of the loop measures 4" and is hung on an olive green ribbon with an extender chain that measures 18". I used a variety of gemstone beads, glass, porcelain, lucite and seed beads. Each bead is woven within the design on 10 nylon cords keeping them all secure, and flowing.

Makes a lovely sound when you move about, fun to fiddle with as well! Very striking on contrasting colors!"


Click on the title above and go right to her shop for a look around...many treasures to be had in this great shop!!




3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I love the eathiness.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered exactly the same thing - well done!! Beautiful creation - guess there's just no limit to the beauty that can sprout from your creations my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raku bead is beautiful and makes a great statement in this necklace design - beautiful.beautiful.beautiful
    Hugs - Julie

    ReplyDelete