Saturday, January 31, 2009

Find Your Voice...



A voice cannot carry the tongue and the lips that gave it wings. Alone must it seek the ether. And alone and without its nest shall the eagle fly across the sun.

Khalil Gibran : Gaia Child Source: The Prophet: 26 poetic essays

A close friend says I have found my voice as an artist. What a wonderful thing to say to me! I do feel that inner focus, that inner creative voice guiding me more and more...and when I let it work through my hands the clay magically becomes form and design from nature. I crave simplicity...but create complexity. I thing I must find a way to meld the two...any suggestions?

Have returned to pottery classes and the interaction with peers is charging my low battery. Each week I become more adept with the clay and more free with my design. Like a child in a candy store...I don't know what direction to go in. Everyone's work is so inspiring....we elevate each other...sharing and trusting...there are so very many styles I want to try...while listening to my inner voice that cries for nature to break through all that is man made and mundane.


2 comments:

  1. I love your artist voice!!

    Hey D!

    Wanna play?

    http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/2009/02/where-i-blog.html

    Namste
    elsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational post... thank you. This was... hopeful. Reading this reminded me to set aside time to relax and enjoy the creative process of art... trial, error, beauty, all of it.

    ReplyDelete