Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Straight from the Pumpkin Patch!





I am so happy with these little guys. Could not have wanted a better firing or colors for them. They are so small... 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.













I was playing around with an old broken deer bone and it leaves just the greatest impression in the clay...pumpkins were a must from the first beads. My hubby's idea actually. I thought it would be too much trouble to make the leaves and vines...but it was doable...is that a word? Such pretty little treasures...I don't mind if they don't sell!

I am doing my first festival in many years this Saturday in Reidsville, NC at the new Market Square. It is an afternoon event with music and food and lots of other artists as well. IF I make it through the day...will let you know how it goes. Tim Amos, a friend and fellow potter is sharing the booth with me...wish us many sells and good exposure for our work. I'll get some snaps of Tim's work and share as well.

There are so many talented potters in this area...I think maybe I should start featuring them in this blog space. I'll see what I can do about that!!

Take care and everyone have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhh those pumpkins are ADORABLE!!! you should make your next listing for more than one so that people can purchase multiples from the same listing! but hey!! i've got mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHhhhhhh they're gorgeous aand yummy ! The colors are just awsome!

    ReplyDelete