Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Reveal...I'll Show You Mine...If You'll Show Me Yours...

These are the treasures that Jill from Gypsy Brocante sent to me. I adore every single item! Even the wonderful pink velvet bags they came in and ribbon they were tied with. I thought long and hard about how to best use these bits from the past and decided I wanted to do more than one creation. There were too many items that deserved to be a focal. Hope you will look at all these photos enlarged to see the detail of Jill's soup mix.
I mixed Jill's china pendant, key and beads with some items from my own collection to create a necklace rosary. I had a larger scale crucifix and an odd rhinestone ear ring that fit perfectly in the color scheme.This piece reminds me of my grandmother, whose favorite flower was a pink rose. Her china had lovely pink roses on them:) I intend to add to this piece later on by removing  the key and adding a locket with her photograph. I have a small photo that is hand-colored and has this color palette. It will be perfect!!
This piece can be a headband or a choker. It is twelve inches long and has ample silk ribbon to use as tie back. I used the vintage rose pin, pink and white beads on this piece with vintage lace and crochet and pink silk sari ribbon. Ribbons are from  Lashell at Designtalentedone.etsy.com
Another religious themed piece. I used one of my raku icons with Jill's rhinestone closure, and rhinestone and glass  beads. I attached the focal grouping to an 18 inch necklace of several kinds of pearls,silver beads, and my raku beads that I  wire wrapped in segments and put together. With Jill's beautiful clasp, I can take the focal group off and attach to a simpler silk ribbon or chain and wear closer to neck. Will be gorgeous peaking through a cotton open collar blouse with a vintage jean jacket.
And last ..but still with beads left over...is this cuff. The focal is another of my raku icons. Jill's rosary pieces, crucifix, paper rose earrings are attached to vintage lace, silk and there are vintage glass buttons and even a silver dragonfly from my collection in the mix.




I am anxiously waiting to see what Jill has mixed together with my bead soup ingredients.

I have shown you mine...now go take a look at all the amazing work by over three hundred artists who have patiently and lovingly worked with their partners soup mix. If you click on the title above you will go to Lori's posting for the Bead Soup Blog Party and find links to all the artists participating. 

And most important.... there are not enough words of thanks and praise for Lori Anderson and her tireless work to bring this all together. I am humbled by her passion and energy:)

70 comments:

  1. Love the colors, love the vintage. You did a beautiful job with your soup -- how great that you were able to create so many pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear friend ..someone has been very busy :)...You made a gorgeous group of romantic vintage style jewelery..JUMM!! wish I lived closer to stop by and poke around in Your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a fantastic, yummy collection.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. DORCAS!!!!! These are gorgeous! Love, love, love how you hung the crucifix from the china pendant ... you got so creative with all of your soup ... I believe the combination of your devine raku beads paired with the gypsy treasures works well!! Looking at the pictures is such a tease ... I want to touch and hold them.This was so much fun ... I couldn't have hand picked a better partner ; )
    xoxo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorcas, I honestly love everything you have created, but my favorite piece is the first one: your rosary. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work! I love that the one piece could be a choker or headband, how cool is that! The cuff you made, I am drooling over my keyboard! So soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love designs that incoporate silk ribbon!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing soup and lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful soup you made my friend, your work is truly stunning!! Thanks for sharing & all I can say is yummmmmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous bead soup you had to work with. I love the vintage feel of it.
    But, wow, what you did with it is amazing... so many pieces, all of them beautiful. My favourite is the rosary necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these pieces are very deep and spiritual as well as eluding to nature. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful soup you received; so serene! I love what you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what beautiful creations! I love your rosary necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, thoughtful work! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these pieces are so pretty. I would love to wear them! I would also just love to have them sitting on my self so that I could look at them. They are so soft and girly and pretty! Really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SO sorry for being late — today our internet provider decided to crash. My stress level is through the roof, to say the least! They’re still working on it, but it’s like dial-up.

    GORGEOUS and impressive. I so adore Gypsy Brocante's bags that I can only imagine how she packaged your beads. You should really be proud of your creations!

    I hope you’ll participate again!

    Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job, I love what you did with your pieces!! So much fun to see what everyone has come up with. Fabulous work, can see the love that went in to this creation. Riki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely creations! Very romantic feel to your designs! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty creations, very soft and romantic. Of course I love the pastel colours. Great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see how you have put your heart and soul in to your designs. Very peaceful and soothing. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO lovely and unique! I am in love with all of them, but I think the cuff is my favorite (probably because I could see it while I was working :) )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done. All of your pieces have such a romantic quality to them, they are just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful stash you received! Love all the projects you made with it. It's nice to see a cuff and headband also. Embellished fabric cuffs are on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely romantic creations! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow you got some great pieces to work with. Your pictures are a little hard to see the full pieces but what I can see they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So feminine and pretty. I loved the cuff with the lace and all the pretty treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful cuff & I love the dangle-y-ness(is that a word) of the necklace

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh, just love it. That is such a romantic soup. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for showing us yours.... so very romantic and vintage, lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a gorgeous grouping of jewelry!! I especially love the turquoise cuff, its my fave color!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful soup! And what wonderful, creative things you made with it. Love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such lovely pieces! I love all the vintage components you used. You have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You've created some beautiful pieces, I love the way you incorporated the Rose pin into your design.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those are some beautiful pieces you made!

    ReplyDelete
  35. beautiful creations and what wonderful elements

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such beautiful feminine pieces you created.

    ReplyDelete
  37. D, lovely as always. Going in a different direction, though, a little bit. Pretty, interesting and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your pieces are so feminine and lovely - beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all you have cooked up with your soup. Nice job with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous pieces! Love the pop of color in the cuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. religious jewelry is much in demand and choices tend to get limited therefore you have done a great job with the rosary beads and all other tiny additions here.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous!!! you have made som very beaytiful and romantic pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very nice that you made cuffs and chokers and you integarted the sou well with your raku. I would like to see full photos without the lace in the background, so more of the jewelry would be completely visible.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, you really received such a lovely group of beads!! I love everything you made with it, too. I think my favorite is the rosary :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow! I covet your soup. :)

    Especially love the last cuff-so feminine and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love these! Such wonderfully romantic pieces :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is such heirloom jewellery. I love it - what a gorgeous collection you were sent and what amazing jewellery you created with it. The cuff is my favourite - stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the vintage feel to all of your pieces - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very pretty and quite unusual. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow! Amazing work. You are one talented lady! A delight for the eyes! You did a Soup-er job!

    ReplyDelete
  51. You sure put a lot of work into these! It really shows, they all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Lovely jewellery! Very soft and feminine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great Soup!! I especially love the cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful work, I love the softness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Very beautiful pieces...Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Everything is breathtaking beautiful - my fav is the last one, the cuff.

    What a great work, it is so good to discover you and your work. Love to see more of your creations.

    Sorry to be so late - I was on vacation.

    Have a wonderful Sunday,

    xxox Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  57. Gorgeous and very impressive pieces!
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Still making the rounds and tasting all the soups! The vintage look and feel are great.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Really really impressive!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  60. I am still making the rounds of the party and I am so glad I am! I love what you did with all of those wonderful goodies! Gorgeous pieces and I love the idea of adding the locket with a pic of your grandma. Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a wonderful soup! You've made some lovely pieces, I especially like the first necklace with the china pendant!

    ReplyDelete