Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lost my Girl Friday' s....So Very Lost Without You!!






Noun 1... girl Friday
- a female assistant who has a range of duties (or in my case my computer, Ivy and my kiln, Natasha:)
assistant, helper, help, supporter - a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "my invaluable assistant"; "they hired additional help to finish the work"


Have been with out my kiln and my computer off and on for weeks now. I forget sometimes how technology pops in and changes how everything is done! I count on my computer for communications, business, down time, and a catchall creative tool.

And my kiln being out of commission has turned my creative world Topsy Turvy in ways I could not have imagined. I had an assembly line worked out where I fashioned the clay, let it dry, finish sanding, bisque fired, glazed and fired, photographed, listed and inventoried each piece. If I had a special request come in, it was so easy to fit it into the schedule and could have the request finished in less than a weeks time unless it was an unusually thick piece.

I am such a creature of habit! With my routine broken, my muse just left me! I used the time doing mindless assembly line stuff to mentally work on new ideas. So, as you can see from my shop...no new little treasures for a while now.

But if you take time to check in, there are some new items showing their faces. My kiln is repaired, and seems to be working fine, so far. I have moved my kiln off my front porch, and now have to walk a further distance to check on its progress each firing. But I may like this better in the long run...at least more exercise!!

Now, to get to some serious blog postings that I am so behind on. Some very special artists have sent me prizes, and I have some new artists using my little treasures. I promise to share all this with you over the next few days!

I will soon have my 700th sale...whoopee!..and I am in serious need of offering a give away. So look for that as well. I hope to gather a nice little stash for your viewing and winning pleasure!!

Ta 'ta for now... D

2 comments:

  1. your work is indeed wondrous and strange... just the way I like :)

    I'd love to incorporate your beads in some of my jewelry-
    http://www.makenziandmadilynsilver.com/

    ReplyDelete